Directions to GUP
Georgetown University Press
3240 Prospect Street, NW, Suite 250
Washington, DC 20007
Where we are
Georgetown University Press is in the heart of Georgetown. Our office is situated less than a block from Wisconsin Avenue and M Street, and six blocks from Georgetown University's main campus.
Georgetown University Press's business hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Our office is closed during all Georgetown University holidays, as listed on the Georgetown University Human Resources website.
Getting to our office
Georgetown University Press is accessible by public transportation and by car. For directions by public transportation, visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro) website, www.wmata.com. For driving directions, visit www.mapquest.com or www.maps.google.com.
More about using public transportation
The two Metro stations that are closest to our office are Foggy Bottom-GWU and Rosslyn. Both of these stations are on the orange and blue lines.
From the Metro on foot, allow yourself 20 to 30 minutes.
- From the Foggy Bottom-GWU station, walk out of the subway station heading north on 23rd St towards Washington Circle. Walk around Washington Circle until you reach Pennsylvania Ave. Walk east on Pennsylvania Ave, following signs to Georgetown. When Pennsylvania Ave merges with M St, walk east on M St, until it intersects with Wisconsin Ave. Turn right onto Wisconsin Ave and then take the first left onto Prospect St. Walk down Prospect St until you reach our office on the left.
- From the Rosslyn station, walk out of the subway station and turn left. You will be on Moore St. Take your first right, onto 19th St N, then the next left onto N Lynn St. Walk on N Lynn St, crossing over Francis Scott Key Bridge, or Key Bridge. Turn right at the end of Key Bridge. You will be on M St. Walk on M St four blocks until you see Potomac St on your left. Turn left onto Potomac St. Turn right at the first street, Prospect St, and walk until you reach our office on the right.
From the Metro, by bus
- From Foggy Bottom-GWU station, catch either the 38B (to Ballston) or the 36 (to Friendship Heights), get off at M and Potomac Sts, walk one block north on Potomac St, turn right on Prospect St, and walk until you see our office on the right.
- From Foggy Bottom-GWU station, you may also catch the DC Circulator (to Georgetown) and get off at M St and Wisconsin Ave, walk north on Wisconsin Ave., turn left on Prospect St, and walk until you see our office on the left.
- From Rosslyn station, catch either the 38B (to Farragut Square) or the DC Circulator (to Georgetown and Dupont Circle) and get off at M and Potomac Sts, walk one block north on Potomac St, turn right on Prospect St, and walk until you see our office on the right.
More about driving to Georgetown University Press
Before you decide to drive, please know that Georgetown's street parking is limited. A 2-hour time limit on street parking is strictly enforced. If no street parking is available, there are several paid parking lots nearby.
From the south and the west
Cross over Key Bridge, and get into the right hand lane. Turn right at the end of the bridge onto M St. Drive down M St three blocks until you see 33rd St on your left. Turn left onto 33rd St. At the first street, Prospect St, turn right, and drive until you see our office on the right.
From the east
Take M St. West, away from downtown. Turn right on Wisconsin Ave and take the first left onto Prospect St. Drive down Prospect St until you see our office on the left.
From the north
Take Wisconsin Ave south. Turn right onto Prospect St, the street before M St. Drive down Prospect St until you see our office on the left.