Georgetown Digital Shorts
Georgetown University Press is now publishing digital shorts to deliver timely works of scholarship in a fast-paced, agile environment.
For centuries, the fruits of scholarly research have been limited to either journal articles or book-length monographs and anthologies. But digital shorts--longer than a journal article, shorter than a traditional monograph--liberate scholarship from these “containers.” Georgetown Digital Shorts are peer-reviewed, original texts that are easily and widely available to students, scholars, libraries, and other readers on a variety of platforms domestically and abroad, such as Amazon’s Kindle, Apple’s iBookstore, Barnes & Noble’s Nook, Books at JSTOR, Google Play, and many others. These texts expand the spectrum of scholarly output while being ideally suited for today’s reading devices.
- Current subject areas include Bioethics, International Affairs, Languages & Linguistics, Political Science & Public Administration, and Religion & Ethics.
- Texts will be between 10,000 and 40,000 words, including notes.
- Manuscripts will be subject to rigorous peer review.
- Manuscripts will be professionally copyedited.
- Authors may proofread the typeset text prior to publication.
Benefits to Authors
- Flexibility: Authors are not bound by traditional lengths of journal articles and books.
- Speed: Texts will be published within twelve weeks from acceptance of final manuscript, resulting in quicker visibility on topical issues.
- Broad reach: Georgetown Digital Shorts will be available on an expanding array of platforms for immediate access by a wide range of readers.
- Royalties: Authors will receive royalties on sales.
- Affordability: Georgetown Digital Shorts will be less expensive than traditional monographs and anthologies and thus more attractive to readers.
To Submit a Proposal or Manuscript
Contact the acquisition editor in your field:
Bioethics and Religion & Ethics: Richard Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
International Affairs, Political Science, Public Administration: Don Jacobs,email@example.com