A Textbook for Intermediate Arabic
Kristen Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal, and Abbas Al-Tonsi
Al-Kitaab Part Two, Third Edition with Website is the third book in the bestselling Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program textbook series. Part Two focuses on strengthening reading and writing skills while continuing to grow conversation skills. This comprehensive program is designed for students in second-year or equivalent Arabic courses. The accompanying companion website–included with the book–offers fully integrated exercises to use alongside the text.
• Three varieties of Arabic—Egyptian, Levantine, and formal Arabic—presented using color-coded words and phrases
• Extensive grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences
• Authentic texts that develop reading comprehension skills
• Video dialogues and stories from everyday life in both Egyptian and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally rich contexts, available to stream on the Publisher’s website
• Continues the story of Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic and Egyptian, and Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine
• Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index
For Instructors: Separate print Teacher’s Editions of the Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program are no longer available. Instead, instructors should submit exam and desk copy requests using ISBN 978-1-64712-191-4. Instructors may request an answer key, which contains the answers to exercises found in the textbook, separately.
". . . the learning experience offered by this last edition is much more authentic and insightful. . ."—MELA Notepad
". . . a practical textbook well suited for Arabic teaching and learning."—MELA Notepad
Kristen Brustad was an associate professor of Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin until her retirement in 2019.
Mahmoud Al-Batal is a professor of Arabic at the American University of Beirut.
Abbas Al-Tonsi is a former senior lecturer at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar.
368 pp., 8.5 x 11
368 pp., 8.5 x 11