Save 30% - CTSA Conference discount code GCTSA23
Save 30% - NASIH discount code TZYN
Save 30% - BISA Conference (UK) discount code GTIS23 (Follow order instructions in GUP International Studies - European Flyer 2023)
A Textbook for Intermediate Arabic
Third Edition, Teacher's Edition
Kristen Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal, and Abbas Al-Tonsi
Al-Kitaab Part Two, Third Edition with Website is the third book in the bestselling Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program textbook series. Part Two focuses on strengthening reading and writing skills while continuing to grow conversation skills. This comprehensive program is designed for students in second-year or equivalent Arabic courses. The accompanying companion website–included with the book–offers fully integrated exercises to use alongside the text.
• Three varieties of Arabic—Egyptian, Levantine, and formal Arabic—presented using color-coded words and phrases
• Extensive grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences
• Authentic texts that develop reading comprehension skills
• Video dialogues and stories from everyday life in both Egyptian and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally rich contexts, available to stream on the Publisher’s website
• Continues the story of Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic and Egyptian, and Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine
• Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index
For Instructors: Instructors may request access to the Digital Exam copy by logging onto VitalSource, selecting "Faculty Sampling," and searching for the version of the book marked "Digital Exam Copy." While answer keys are sold separately from the textbook for students, the corresponding answer key is included in the digital exam copy for instructors.
". . . the learning experience offered by this last edition is much more authentic and insightful. . ."—MELA Notepad
". . . a practical textbook well suited for Arabic teaching and learning."—MELA Notepad
"There is much to like here."—Al-'Arabiyya Journal
Kristen Brustad was an associate professor of Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin until her retirement in 2019.
Mahmoud Al-Batal is a professor of Arabic at the American University of Beirut.
Abbas Al-Tonsi is a former senior lecturer at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar.
512 pp., 8.5 x 11
512 pp., 8.5 x 11