Textbook for Intermediate Arabic
Third Edition, Teacher's Edition
Kristen Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal, and Abbas Al-Tonsi
E-Textbooks are now available to purchase or rent through VitalSource.com! Please visit VitalSource for more information on pricing and availability.
As of January 1, 2021, the Smart Sparrow Companion Websites are no longer available. Soon, we will announce a new set of companion websites. Demos for the new companion websites will be available for instructors to sample beginning in spring 2021. The complete websites will be ready in time for students to use them during the fall 2021 semester.
Homework exercises are included in the textbook. Print answer keys are available for purchase through GUP. Ebook answer keys are available on the GUP website and VitalSource.com.
Al-Kitaab Part Two, Third Edition is the third book in the bestselling Al-Kitaab Arabic Language Program textbook series. Part Two focuses on strengthening reading and writing skills while continuing to grow conversation skills. This comprehensive program is designed for students in second-year or equivalent Arabic courses.
FEATURES of Al-Kitaab Part Two, Third Edition
• Three varieties of Arabic—Egyptian, Levantine, and formal Arabic—presented using color-coded words and phrases
• Extensive grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences
• Authentic texts that develop reading comprehension skills
• Video dialogues and stories from everyday life in both Egyptian and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally rich contexts, available to stream on AlKitaabTextbooks.com
• Continues the story of Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic and Egyptian, and Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine
• Arabic–English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index
Instructors may request complimentary print or digital Teacher’s Edition exam or desk copies, which include the answer key. To request access to any of the Teacher’s Edition Vital Source eTextbooks, instructors may visit VitalSource.com and select “Faculty Sampling” in the upper right corner. Please note: While answer keys are sold separately from the Student’s Edition, the corresponding answer key is included in the Teacher’s Edition.
"The learning experience offered by this last edition is much more authentic and insightful."—MELA Notepad
Kristen Brustad was an associate professor of Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin until her retirement in 2019.
Mahmoud Al-Batal is professor of Arabic at the American University of Beirut.
Abbas Al-Tonsi is a former senior lecturer at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar.